Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wakeboarding

Kevin
Me

This past weekend was a busy one. My good friend Keith asked if I could help out with building a skate ramp for Red Bull. I agreed and headed down to the Navy Yard where they were having the event the next day. What a cool place. We built the ramp inside the Urban Outfitters building - actually their lunchroom. He had 5 or 6 guys already there working away, so it wasn't too much work but we were there until about midnight. While we were there he asked if I wanted to go wakeboarding with a friend of his - we'd be out on the water by 7. Again I agreed and went home to get some sleep and shower so I could get up at 6. We were a little late getting to the ramp but they were just getting the boat in the water. Once we got out the water was smooth as glass. Keith's friend Alex was a great driver and had everything set up right. The wake was huge, music was loud and the cooler was fully stocked. Alex's friend Kevin is a really good rider and I managed to make a few cool shots of him.

By the time it was my turn to ride, I was a little nervous. I hadn't ridden in a few years and rode Alex's board, which was several years newer than mine. It turns out I don't really like the newer technology and was about to get out when Kevin threw me his board which is 4 years old. After I got on that I felt much more confident and got right back into the swing of it. Thanks to Alex for taking us out and if you wakeboard in NJ you should check out the event he puts on every year at www.wakeboardnj.com.


No comments: